MANILA: Wondering why are we suddenly pouring you with information about Chevrolet Sail. Well, it's all for a simple reason, the car next month is scheduled for its first ever Philippines debut. Yes, you read it right, we are about to get a new B-segment sedan that'll compete with the likes of Toyota Yaris and Mitsubishi Mirage G4.
Thus, making it our duty to flood you with all the dull and crisp moments ever experienced by Sail.
1. Sail's Chain Connection - First ever Sail was originally manufactured exclusively for the Chinese market by Shanghai General Motors, a Chinese Manufacturer. From 2001 to 2004 the car was sold in China under the badge 'Buick Sail'. It was after Chevrolet's China debut in 2005 and in the course to revive Buick charm, Sail became Chevrolet's first Chain-built passenger car.
2. Not New but Generations Lived - Chevrolet Sail may be a new name to the Philippines market but its existence dates back to 2001. Making it a car surviving in the competitive auto arena for sixteen years now. Its first generation ran from 2001 to 2009, while the second generation saw a shorter life span of six years ranging from 2010 to 2015.
3. A Wagon, Hatch & an Electric Sail - The Sail that'll greet the Philippines market will be a B-segment sedan but in other parts of the world it is also available in hatch and wagon versions. In the year 2012, its electric version named Sail Springo EV was introduced by Shanghai General Motors.
4. Cars to Rival Sail in the Philippines - As for as we are informed, 2016 Chevrolet Sail dimension sheet will read 4300 mm X 1735 mm X 1504 mm (L X W X H). Thus, making it fall under the ultra-competitive B-segment sedan. So, if you are in the market to buy cars like Mazda2, Kia Rio, Mirage G4, Honda Brio Amaze then have a look at this one too, as it falls in the same category.
5. Debut & Launch - The same source that informed us about Sail's Philippines arrival gave us additional inputs about its showcasing and launch. Chevrolet Sail was showcased at recently concluded MIAS 2016 with its sales starting from June this year.