It was only a while back when Subaru Philippines brought Forester to the country. Now as the New Year unfolds, this Japanese brand seems to get ready a new warrior to land on the field, the 2017 Subaru Impreza. Though the launch is still a few months away (probably two) the info about it is slowly making way into the auto world. Seeing the trend, it looks like we’ll study the car bolt by bolt before its launch.
As for the current bit, we have catch hold of the all-new Impreza spec sheet. The spec sheet concerns to the model that has been promised by Motor Image for the Philippines. Also, the said model is assigned for our acquaintances Taiwan and Singapore.
The significant chunk of the 2017 Impreza spec sheet is believed to be true and tally to the soon to be launched car. But till the car lands, little doubts about the 100% authenticity of the data will remain. Because as we all know, auto industry loves giving surprises!
Here are the specifications of 2017 Subaru Impreza 2.0i-S 4DR –
- 2017 Impreza is entirely new, and this can be said with surety seeing it sitting on a new platform –‘Billion Dollar Subaru.'
- The all-new Impreza will showcase 4,625 mm of length, 1,775 mm of width and 1,480 mm in height
- As for the wheelbase and ground clearance, they’ll rest on 2,670 mm and 130 mm respectively
- The car will feature a fuel tank of 50-litre capacity
- Tier size will read 205/50R17
- All-new Impreza will house a 2.0-litre Direct Fuel Injection, 4-Cyl, 16V, DOHC engine
- Maximum power output will be 158 PS @ 6,000 rpm
- Peak torque will be 196 Nm @ 4,000 rpm
- According to Japan Cycle Test, it will deliver mileage rating of 15.5 kmpl
- Power produced by the engine will be transferred to the wheels via Lineatronic CVT gearbox
- The all-new Impreza now carries a brand new design language called DYNAMIC x SOLID
- At front are present Hexagonal Grille, Hawk Eye shaped steering responsive headlights with washers and auto-leveling feature and fog lamps
- On the sides are present Power Folding ORVM with LED Turn Indicators
- Other features include Sharkfin Antenna and Power Sliding Sunroof
Interior, Comfort & Entertainment
- The inside is dipped in pure luxury which is reflected through leather wrapped seats, leather steering wheel with cruise control, power adjustable driver’s seat, and rear seat armrest
- Further increasing occupants comfort are present Voice Recognition Command, Smart Entry, Push Start System, Telescopic Steering Wheel, Rain Sensing Wipers, Hill Holder, Paddle Shift, Automatic Dual-Zone Climate Control System, and Idling Stop System
- Taking about entertainment it will be taken care by 8-inch Display Audio System with Apple CarPlay Infotainment System with Bluetooth Hands-Free System, USB & AUX jack, and High-grade Multi-function Display
- In addition, are also present features like 60/40 split-fold rear seat, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Blind Spot Detection, Electronic Parking Brake, One-Touch Turn Signal, and PIN Code Access
Safety & Security
- On the safety, front are present features like SRS front, side, curtain and driver’s knee airbag
- 4-channel ABS with EBD, Vehicle Dynamic Control System, Lane Change Assist, & High Beam Assist
- Passive safety includes Brake Assist, Brake Override, Rear Vision Camera, Rear Cross-Traffic Alert, Safety Pedal System, Engine Immobilizer
The all-new Impreza reservation is now open across all Subaru Dealership, and it carries a starting price tag of PhP 1,380,000.