Attention prospective car buyers, a new 2017 Hyundai Sonata is known to have stepped on the American land. This makes us hopeful that shortly the new Sonata will usher the Philippines too with its charm. But don’t get your hopes high, as nothing has been made official by Hyundai Philippines.
However, before any announcement is made, let us first check out the American launched Sonata and see what all improvements, luxury and comforting features it has been outfitted with. And then decide whether to be sad or indifferent if the said car doesn’t make or postpones its arrival.
Here, let’s look at the all-new 2017 Sonata inch-by-inch and see what all features it has on offer in different areas like the exterior, interior, safety, performance and tech front.
- The new design sparks confidence & style with a hint of sophistication – Luxury car looks indeed
- Intelligent design with a drag coefficient of 0.27. Contribution in fuel efficiency guaranteed
- Sonata offers two ways to enjoy the sun and take in the natural fragrance via its two sunroofs options – a panoramic & power tilt-and-slid
- Sports variants (Sport 2.0T & Limited 2.0T) gets a powerful appearance with attributes like stylish front grille, side rocker panels, dual exhaust tips, side mirror with turn indicators and rear diffuser
- Visibility front is taken care by LED Daytime Running Lights, LED Taillights and HID Headlights
- Class-Leading cabin space, compared to any other car in its category, 2017 Sonata claims to offer best interior volume
- Sports trims (Sport 2.0T & Limited 2.0T) gets sports inspired revisions like aluminum pedals, D-cut steering, and sportier instrumental binnacle
- Manual rear side sunshades, so that the bothering direct sunlight do not hamper occupants comfort
- Heated front & rear seat, full comfort even on the coldest day
- Excellent handling performance & ride quality – thanks to light weight front & rear aluminum suspension
- Enhanced braking and superb stability at high speed
- Cabin noise reduction through improved chassis and sound proofing material
- Innovative engine design helping minimize lag, provide improved combustion and low engine speed efficiency
- The Drive Mode Select provides steering effort matching ones driving style
- For the American market, Sonata is made available in 3 engine options – 1.6-liter (178PS/195Nm), 2.0-liter (245PS/260Nm) and 2.4-liter (185PS/178Nm)
Safety & Security
- Automatic Emergency Braking – automatically applies brakes force if a crash is imminent & driver fails to respond
- Blind Spot Detection with Rear Cross-traffic Alert & Lane Change Assist – helps the driver detect vehicles in the blind spot
- Dynamic Bending Light – headlight turns with the road curves
- Lane Departure Warning – helps maintain control & lane positioning
- Automatic High Beam Assist –automatically switches from high to low beam
- Rear Parking Sensors – makes parking simple
- Standard driver’s knee airbag
- Equipped with Blue Link Connect Care – it sends notification whenever it detects deployment of an airbag
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto support, it allows you to make calls, message, get directions, listen to music and even ask Siri for any assistance (for iPhone users)
- Hands-free Smart Trunk – loading & unloading make simple
- Cruise Control with start/stop capability
- Electronic Parking Brake
- Touchscreen Navigation
- Rearview Camera, view is displayed in available touchscreen with guidelines
- Integrated Memory System, it memorizes two unique settings and even adjusts side mirrors accordingly
- Audio system with AM/FM/CD/MP3, HD Radio, built-in USB & AUX jack, SiriusXM Satellite Radio and Integrated Bluetooth.
- Proximity Key
- HomeLink feature gets the lights switched on and garage door open when you reach home
So, that’s all on the newly arrived 2017 Hyundai Sonata. Tell us what do you think about the car and do you wish that the same lands up in the Philippines soon?